2.14.2012

a valentine for Ginsberg

Allen Ginsberg always knows just what to say. An excerpt (I'd put the whole thing if I wasn't so self-aware of my obsession with him) from his poem "Song" for this day of love:

The weight of the world
is love.
Under the burden
of solitude,
under the burden of dissatisfaction

the weight,
the weight we carry
is love.





dress - secondhand redone
tights - Romwe
heels - Candie's
necklace - secondhand

Isn't this just the perfect dress/heel combo for a date? Not that I have a date for the equally celebrated and loathed holiday of Valentine's Day...but if I did, I sure would have the right dress for it. Prior to it coming into my possession, this dress looked like it belonged to a 1980s Sunday school teacher or something, but nothing a good pair of scissors and a sewing machine can't fix! And these heels, oh these heels...I'm slightly obsessed. Me and heels don't happen often, but these are too comfy to pass up

My exciting Valentine's plans consist of a date all night with a research paper. Clearly not the most captivating date...which is why I'm posting here instead of scouring scholarly articles. At least I got all dressed up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment